Dogs are the best mirrors
They are living in the moment and in turn reflect how you are at that moment. I was having a crappy morning and what do I get from Amos? Crap. Okay, so that's not the best example. But this morning was a great reminder to me of how he is just reflecting what I send out. Even when I don't feel like talking about it. Being crabby and upset, walking with heavy feet and a frown. Impatient and restless. Snapping in response and using an angry voice.
In Amos' own way, he was telling me exactly how I was acting. And so getting mad at him for being impatient and snapping and aggressive didn't help either of us. So, note to self. When Amos is unhappy, I need to cheer up.
Not sure that I've completely cheered up, but I'm working on it. And now I've got a sweeter puppy at my feet, laying down for a nap. Time for me to breathe and re-group. Thank you, Amos.
dogs rule
They are living in the moment and in turn reflect how you are at that moment. I was having a crappy morning and what do I get from Amos? Crap. Okay, so that's not the best example. But this morning was a great reminder to me of how he is just reflecting what I send out. Even when I don't feel like talking about it. Being crabby and upset, walking with heavy feet and a frown. Impatient and restless. Snapping in response and using an angry voice.
In Amos' own way, he was telling me exactly how I was acting. And so getting mad at him for being impatient and snapping and aggressive didn't help either of us. So, note to self. When Amos is unhappy, I need to cheer up.
Not sure that I've completely cheered up, but I'm working on it. And now I've got a sweeter puppy at my feet, laying down for a nap. Time for me to breathe and re-group. Thank you, Amos.
dogs rule


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home